Saba Moghaddam is a psychoanalytic psychotherapist and a PhD candidate in Clinical Psychology. She is a graduate of the Comprehensive Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Program at Hamava Institute and a member of its Teaching Faculty.
Saba Moghaddam is in private practice in Tehran and specializes in psychoanalytic psychotherapy with Adults and Couples and supervises psychology interns and therapists and also lectures on topics related to theory and technique and psychoanalytic Couples Therapy.
Ms. Moghaddam has also received training in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Psychoanalytic Group Therapy in Rouzbeh Hospital and Object Relations Theory in Shahid Beheshti University. She also studied Psychoanalytic Couples Therapy at the International Psychotherapy Institute (IPI).
She is now a candidate in the Online Topic-Oriented Psychotherapy Program (Interpersonal School of Psychoanalysis) at the William Alanson White Institute in New York City.
Saba Moghaddam is Co-Founder of the professional website www.ispp-group.com and Instagram page “Iranian School of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (@ispp_group), designed for teaching psychoanalytic psychotherapy, from basic to advanced concepts, to psychologists, psychiatrists, and counselors.
She is author of “Our Life; Life of Martyr’s Offspring After Their Fathers’ Death”; Afkar press; Tehran; 2018.
She has also translated “The Double; A Psychoanalytic Study” by Otto Rank, Afkar press; Tehran; 2012; 3rd edition, and co-translated “Talking with Couples; Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy of the couple relationship” under Arjmand publication.
Saba Moghaddam has presented in different national and international conferences:
- ‘Escaping from Cultural Identity in search for an Ego-Ideal’ at Second Annual Conference of Iranian Psychotherapy Association
- ‘Ego-Ideal and Martyr’s Offspring’ at First Annual Conference of Iranian Psychotherapy Association
- ‘Ethics in Psychotherapy’ at First Annual Conference of Iranian Psychotherapy Association
- ‘Instagram Analysis: To be or not to be with the other’ at International Conference on Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities
- ‘Role of the Father and Mother in Resilience in Martyr’s Offspring: a qualitative study’ at First Fortis Annual Psychology Conference
And some of her published articles are:
- Role of Emotion Regulation in Psychopathology, Iranian Rehabilitation Journal
- Effect of Adlerian Encouraging Training on Decreasing Manifest and Latent Anxiety in Female Students’; Nova Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Validity And Reliability of Persian Version of the Emotional Regulation Skills Questionnaire; An International Journal of Pharmacophore